Submit Your Uniquely Creative & Short Poems FREE: Unwanted Outcome

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Unwanted Outcome

Unwanted Outcome




My heart burns with an urgent desire

At the first site of her, I start to perspire


What is it about my drug of choice

Is it a party, a friend, or an instant rejoice


I’m stuck in my ways, my mind is content

every time I use, my soul to repent


Under the influence my morals are weak

The outcomes of events, no worries, often bleak


Me being sloppy leads to making wrong decisions

Family left hurt, we bleeding incisions


True friends are lost, left in the mist

Actions lead to fights, and legalities risked


Often I get lucky, time unwisely spent

Mostly spending my pay check, often the rent


I find myself miserable and grieving

Often I’ve turned to dealing or thieving


The end of every day I eventually get twisted

My spirits are down, very rarely lifted


How can I change the things that I do

Follow the 12 steps, see them through


All in all my life isn’t so bad
Could be worse, I could die from cirrhosis
Just like my DAD!


Gregory Smitheman
Short Poems


Also if you liked my creativeness check out my graphic design portfolio for some of my own awesome graphics designed in Photoshop. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
Get Published FOR FREE