Submit Your Uniquely Creative & Short Poems FREE: “My Wish”

Sunday, November 22, 2009

“My Wish”

“My Wish”


I wish I did not drink last night;

I wish I didn’t get headache from morning light.



I wish the smallest sounds weren’t so loud;

I wish my thoughts a clear, rather a cloud.




I wish the smell of food wouldn’t make me sick;

I wish this feeling away, make it quick.



I wish I didn’t have to take aspirin every morning;

I wish sometimes, I take head the warning.



I wish every morning my bodied not shake;

I wish some mornings I would not wake.



I wish I didn’t have to call in sick to work;

I wish last night, I wasn’t such a jerk.



I wish it didn’t take me so much to get trashed;

I wish this morning, I had some money stashed.



I wish sobriety was a hill, rather than a mountain to climb;

I wish I had the chance to turn back, the hands of time.



I wish this disease wouldn’t control my life;

I wish to grow old someday grand kids & wife.



I wish I would be strong enough to survive the fight;

I wish I could be sober every day and every night!

Gregory Smitheman
Short Poems 






Also if you liked my creativeness check out my graphic design portfolio for some of my own awesome graphics designed in Photoshop.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
Get Published FOR FREE