Submit Your Uniquely Creative & Short Poems FREE: A Cat With a Long Tale

Monday, November 23, 2009

A Cat With a Long Tale

A Cat With A Long Tale



I once was this cat, far from complete,
I did illegal things I could never repeat.


Then one day my life totally changed,
I got in trouble, my priorities rearranged.



Let me tell you how I've been, since my last drink,
I've had ups and downs, come almost to the brink.


I'll admit at first it was awful hard,
To be banished from drinking, forever barred.



I've devoted the last four months to patience and care,

Let my higher power take over, threw my hands in the air.


I've accepted I'm and alcoholic, the disease has won,
Have had time to think, much has been done.



Now in recovery it's up to me
To live life free of pain, stress, and agony,


Finally realizing I'm not in control,
My decision to reap, as life takes its toll.



I plan to follow all twelve steps,
Do what ever it takes, go to all depths.


I once was lost but now I'm found,
A strong new person, who's on higher ground.



My will is flawless, I will prevail,
Now comfortable in a room full of rockers, signed:
A Cat With A Long Tale




 Also if you liked my creativeness check out my graphic design portfolio for some of my own awesome graphics designed in Photoshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk
Get Published FOR FREE